Panchakarma is a unique contribution of Ayurveda. Cleansing and revitalization are two main focuses of Panchakarma. It is a group of five procedures which help to remove the waste materials from the body, in another way , the elimination of the root cause thus quick control over the diseases. It is a unique, natural, holistic, health-giving series of therapeutic treatments that cleanse the body’s deep tissues of toxins, bring life-enhancing energy thereby increasing vitality, inner peace and well-being.
Today’s hectic lifestyle, results in improper diet - which produces harmful waste materials in our body, if these materials not properly excreted through the body, results in the hazardous accumulation. These can evolve into serious specific diseases, ultimately damaging an individual’s health and wellness. The ancient Indian science of Ayurveda mentions certain procedures which help to prevent diseases rather than curing a person after the diseases have occurred.
1. Vaman (medicine induced emesis)- "Effective in Kapha rogas and some skin diseases like leukoderma etc.
2. Virechana (medicine induced purgation)- Almost all types of skin diseases and chronic rheumatic problems will be relieved by this.
3. Basti or Vasthi (medicated enema)- All kind of rheumatic (vata) disorders can be eliminated with the proper use of vasti.
4. Nasya (errhine or Nasal pouring)- Highly effective for all kinds of headaches, paralysis, depression, stress, pain around the neck and shoulders, eye diseases etc.
5. Raktamokshana (Blood Letting) - Raktamokshana decreases the quantum of enhanced Pitta dosha and thus the diseases caused by Pitta are also relieved.